Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipe # 8 Hawaiian Haystacks















Rice















Cream of chicken soup mixed with a can of chicken.















Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.















Along with some pineapple.















And Wala! This is what you end up with.

(These were pictures from another time that we made Hawaiian Haystacks, but we didn't have all of the ingredients. So, we improvised with what we had. It was still good.)

Posted earlier:

I have a confession to make: I haven't had time to cook all week. My sweet husband has had to fill in for me because of me trying to play catch up with everything after being sick. Last night he came up with the brilliant idea of having Hawaiian Haystacks. They hit the spot just right! If you don't know what a Hawaiian Haystack is, I will explain and maybe you can try it out for dinner sometime.

Ingredients:
Rice
Cream of Chicken Soup
Canned Chicken (If you have some chicken left over from dinner the night before I guess you could use that.)
Pineapple
Shredded Cheese
Chow Mein Noodles
Tomatoes
Green Onions
I have also heard of people putting coconut on them

How to make them:
1. Cook the rice.
2. Pour the Cream of Chicken into a saucepan and add the Canned Chicken. Cook until hot. If you want this to spread out a little more, add a little bit of water.
3. Prepare the toppings. Slice the green onions and tomatoes. If you are using pineapple from a can open it. If you are making this for guests, you will want to put each of the ingredients into its own bowl or serving container. This is of course, if you want to have it buffet style, which I would highly suggest doing because people like different things on their Hawaiian Haystacks. (Presentation is everything.)
4. Put as much rice as you want on your plate.
5. Add desired toppings.
6. Eat and Enjoy.

I like the cream of chicken sauce on mine followed by shredded cheese, chow mein noodles, and I top it off with pineapple.

Brent likes everything on his that is on our ingredients list for toppings.

If you like something that is not on our ingredients for the toppings list on yours let us know. We love comments!

Happy Cooking!

Love,

Tiffany


"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."
~Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sudoku Anyone?

Popular Posts

"Unless your name ends in Baskin or Robbins, I really can't fit you into my schedule right now." ~Uniek Swain