Saturday, December 12, 2009

Recipe # 11 Tiffany's Homemade Cheese-ball














Ok people, I made a recipe. Yes, it's true. I just made one up after looking at several different kinds of cheese-ball recipes and not finding quite what I wanted. So, I just made one up with what I had on hand. Ok, so I planned on making it once I saw that cream cheese was on sale for 88 cents a box at the local grocery store, but that's all I really bought. Everything else I already had. Can you believe that? Amazing isn't it? So, without further a due, I give you my very first ever cheese-ball recipe. I'm so proud!















Tiffany's Homemade Cheese-ball Recipe (Scroll down for an easier to read version...)

2 packages of cream cheese (You can cut this in half if you want because at first I just used one, but then I needed more for a work party so I used two to make it bigger and made two cheese-balls instead of one. You could also make one giant cheese-ball if you wanted to I guess. If you are making one, just use one package.)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (Ours was mild, but you can use whatever cheese suits your fancy if you like sharp cheddar cheese go for it. Put as much as you think it needs really.)
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (I would have put a whole cup in, but that's what we had at the house.)
1 cup of shredded Romano cheese (This was left over from some of our pasta meals that we've been having and I wanted to get rid of it.)
About 1 handful of green onions finely chopped (I didn't measure how much it was, but if I had to guess it was about 1 cup. Use as many as you want to taste. You don't want the whole thing filled with too many green onions, but you want it to have some for flavor because that's one of the things that brings out the flavors in it. If you are making one, just use about 1/2 cup.)
1 Tablespoon Parsley (At first I used 1/2 Tablespoon when I was making one cheese-ball instead of two.)
1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt (At first I used 1/2 Tablespoon when I was making one cheese-ball instead of two.)
2 2oz (57g) packages of Dry Roasted & Salted Almonds *Optional* (Again, when I was making one I only used one package. We got these from someone at church.)
















I have to tell you what I did the first time I started making this so you don't do the same thing. I put all of the ingredients, except the almonds into a bowel and proceeded to mix them with a hand mixer. Bad idea! It was like working with really really thick cookie dough. All of the cream cheese got stuck in the mixer. So, I after getting it all out of the mixer I used a fork to mix it in and it worked a lot better.

Ok. I'll write the ingredients more simple so you can read them without having to read all that other stuff. Just in case:















Tiffany's Homemade Cheese-ball

Ingredients:

2 packages cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (use 1 cup if you have it.)
1 cup shredded Romano cheese
About 1 handful of finely chopped green onions
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
2 2oz (57g) packages of Dry Roasted & Salted Almonds *Optional*

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together except the almonds.
Once the ingredients are mixed, scoop them into a bowl that you would like to serve the cheese-ball in.
Shape into a ball with a spoon.
Add almonds whole or chopped to the outside edge. (Optional, but I highly recommend you try it.)
Stick it into the refrigerator to let it sit and get firm.
Serve with crackers when ready.
Enjoy!
















I hope you like this recipe as much as everyone who tried it did! Who knew I could come up with my own recipe at the top of my head? :)

Have fun with your appetizers!

Love,

Tiffany

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sudoku Anyone?

Popular Posts

"Unless your name ends in Baskin or Robbins, I really can't fit you into my schedule right now." ~Uniek Swain