Saturday, September 26, 2009

Recipe #1 Arepas with Corn & Cheese

Arepas with Corn and Cheese

1 Cup Cornmeal
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbs Butter
1/2 Cup Corn Kernels, Fresh or Frozen
1/4 Cup Chopped Scallion
1 Small Jaleeno, Seeded and Minced
3 Tbs Oil
Cooked Black Beans, Vegetables or Sour Cream For Stuffing, Optional

Put cornmeal in a large bowl with salt and cheese. Heat the milk over med-low heat until steaming, add butter to melt. Stir into cornmeal mixture until thick. Fold in corn, scallion, cilantro and chili. Let batter rest for 15 minutes then form 3-inch balls and flatten. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes then flip and cook for another 3 minutes. When cool, slice through the middle and fill if desired.

I got this recipe from: Something To Chew On
Thanks!
Check out: www.foodco-op.net for more delicious treats!

I will try to post pictures of what the recipes look like once I have made them myself. That feature is in the works... My memory cards are both completely full with family pictures right now. I have to clear them out and/or get a new memory card. So, stay tuned for pictures! :)

Go try this or make something special of your own! Let me know how it goes!

Love,

Tiffany


"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sudoku Anyone?

Popular Posts

"Unless your name ends in Baskin or Robbins, I really can't fit you into my schedule right now." ~Uniek Swain